Independent Deep Learning SpecialistCore business is the development of Artificial Intelligence software for the automation of visual inspections using Deep Learning.
The company was founded in 2001. After a decade of developing "traditional" image processing software the focus shifted from 2012 onwards to Deep Learning.
After retiring as a professor in 2022 and focusing on my private company, the company's mission was revised to help clients integrate Deep Learning technology into their products by:
- Offer semi-automatic annotation to minimise the effort of annotating datasets.
- Training and optimising Deep Learning models using client datasets.
- Providing source code needed for inference (production mode) and help with integration into client software.
- Support for integrated Deep Learning solutions, such as re-training models on new or enhanced datasets.
- Consulting on image acquisition, such as camera choice, optics and illumination.
The benefits for clients are:
- Keep focus on their own core business.
- Shorter time to market.
- No need to invest in the specialist knowledge and competences of Deep Learning.
- No need to invest in powerful and expensive computers required to train Deep Learning models.
- Deep Learning support during the rollout and evolution of their products.
- Access to knowledge and competences from more than 25 years of experience in over 400 applied research projects involving Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence.
As a researcher and professor, I have been involved in more than 400 research projects on automating visual inspections using Artificial Intelligence since 1996. These projects often resulted in a proof-of-concept or demonstrator. What struck me over the years is that many (SME) companies did not have enough in-house knowledge to develop the proof-of-concept into a successful product.
My company focuses on the (technological) steps that come after the proof-of-concept to bring the product to market and evolve it further. An example of an ongoing project is the Iris Colony Counter project.